Today, we’re diving into a seasonal favourite: pumpkin treats for our four-legged furballs!
Now, if you’re anything like me, you know that autumn isn’t complete without a bit of pumpkin spice in your life. And guess what? Our canine companions can get in on the action! Pumpkin is not only delicious but also packs a nutritional punch for our furry friends.
Let me break it down for you. Pumpkin is chock-full of fibre, which can do wonders for your pup’s digestion. It’s like a mini-spa day for their tummies! Plus, it’s a fantastic source of vitamins A and C, making it an excellent boost for their immune system. So, without further ado, let’s get our paws dirty and whip up some woof-tastic pumpkin treats!
1. Peluche’s Pumpkin Bites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (make sure it’s pure pumpkin, no added sugars or spices)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (make sure it’s xylitol-free)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut flour, and oats until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the mixture into small, bite-sized balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Using a fork, gently press down on each ball to create a cute little paw print pattern.
- Pop them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before letting your fur baby dive in!
2. Naya’s Pumpkin Pupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, applesauce, eggs, and water until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, you can top them with a little extra pumpkin for that extra flair!
3. Pup-kin Spice Latte (For Dogs!)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (for that golden glow)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon (skip the nutmeg, as it’s not pup-friendly)
- In a saucepan, gently warm the chicken broth over low heat.
- Add the pumpkin, turmeric, and cinnamon, stirring until well combined.
- Let it cool before serving in your pup’s favorite bowl.
These three tail-waggingly tasty pumpkin treats will make your furry friend’s day. Remember, these treats are meant to be enjoyed in moderation, so be mindful of your pup’s portion sizes.
Have fun baking! 👩🏻🍳