We love everything that’s natural and organic. I have a very sensitive skin, so I would get rashes from beauty products. That’s when I started to look into natural products. Eventually I started making my own! Today I will share my recipe to make toothpaste with you. 😁
A lot of products that we use on a daily basis consist of ingredients that you can’t even pronounce. Who knows what all these things are anyway? When you buy an Aloe Vera cream, there’s often very little actual Aloe in it! There are some amazing brands that have great natural products, but unfortunately they’re quite expensive most of the time.
This toothpaste recipe is a piece of cake! It’s cheap and easy to make. The salty taste takes some getting used to if you’ve never brushed your teeth with a salty toothpaste before.
Why do we brush our teeth? 🦷
Because not brushing your teeth is gross. 😆 Jokes aside, there’s a reason why you start to smell if you don’t take proper dental care. During the day, a number of micro organisms latches on to our teeth. They form dental plaque. If you don’t remove it, it will eventually make your teeth rot. 🥴
You will need:
- Little pan
- Small glass jar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of essential oil like peppermint
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
How to make toothpaste:
- Slowly warm up the coconut oil on low heat until it’s fully melted.
- Turn off the heat and add the other ingredients. Stir it well.
- Pour the liquid in the glass jar and let it congeal.
- When brushing your teeth, put a little bit on your toothbrush by using a spoon.
Coconut oil, baking soda and salt deep cleanse your teeth, while the oil gives a pleasant taste and smell. The toothpaste stays good for five months. 😬
Have you tried our recipe? Or do you have another one? Please share with us in the comments below!